Need A Tooth Extraction? Contact Us Below.
It is always our goal to adhere to the dental needs of residents in the Miami Beach area, and sometimes maintaining optimal oral health requires the removal of a tooth that has been damaged beyond repair. This is a useful procedure that has been used many times at Dental Miami Beach to prevent damage to surrounding teeth.
- A dental extraction is a safe process that involves removal of an entire tooth from its socket, while maintaining the supporting teeth and jaw structure that had been surrounding the damaged or decayed tooth.
- Situations where an extraction might necessary:
- Severe tooth infection and/or decay
- Impacted wisdom tooth
- Crowding from improper growth
- Severe tooth fractures or breaks
- Gum disease that could damage teeth in the affected area
- Though the concept of tooth extraction is scary, our staff is dedicated to making your experience as smooth and comfortable as possible. If your consultation determines that an extraction is the right procedure for you, we recommend that you do not delay the procedure in order to prevent extensive damage to the site.
- There are two extraction methods that we utilize at Dental Crown Point: simple extraction and surgical extraction. Simple extraction is done using a local anesthetic to ensure a painless experience, and it is performed while the patient is awake. This procedure will most commonly be done for teeth that are clearly visible and above the gum line. Surgical extractions involve the use of general anesthesia and are used for problem teeth that are only partially visible or completely covered by the gums.
- While the necessity of an extraction is not ideal, Dental Miami Beach staff are highly qualified, knowledgeable, and work every day to make sure your teeth are their healthiest. It is our promise that your tooth will be removed in a pain-free manner and that you will recover and get back to your normal life as quickly as possible.